DimDrop, a mobile application and management tool company wanted to help the community administraion and people of Harris County, Texas by managing complaints and cases of bad food being served at hotels and restaurants. The client wanted an localized app that would help citizens report and evaluate restaurants and hotels in Harris County, elevating the standards of food being served at the county. This is where Perennial stepped in.
For the app to really help citizens it had to meet two important requirements. One, the app had to carry the entire database of 8,000+ restaurants and hotels located in Harris County. And two, the app had to provide features to report wellness, health and hygiene issues that citizens would raise.
After understanding the core requirements and assessing the challenges at hand, Perennial developed an application with the following features:
1. The app helps the user select the restaurant that he/she would like to evaluate from a database of 8000+ restaurants/food joints.
2. The app has the ability to get the restaurant details on government registration.
3. Users can tag restaurants on the basis of their hygiene quality.
4. Users can post photos, videos and comments without difficulty.
5. The app detects non-conforming hotels on hotels on hygiene.
6. The app can retrieve and consolidate data on hotels and restaurants based on hygiene and compliance.
7. The app makes it easy to determine the hotel or restaurant to license.
8. The app provides a strong reporting functionality to the community administrators.
Technology Stack: Angular JS, Node.JS, Mongo DB, Open Map API and Jscript.