Davita is the leading Kidney HealthCare and Dialysis Care Provider of USA. With over 1,000 Dialysis Care centers spread across USA it has over 10,000 people working in these centres providing healthcare. The sheer size of the organization made it really difficult to manage patients, staff and reporting amongst many other complexity. What they needed was a mobile based solution, that’s where Perennial stepped in.
Due to the lack of a mobile management solution, the centres were facing efficiency issues, handling a basic task of patient scheduling became too cumbersome, in addition to this there were reports that had to created and maintained that were all difficult to produce.
Below were the challenges that we set out to resolve for the client:
The development team were able to create a system where:
1. By using constant end user feedback and our UX lead engineering approach we dveloped a solution that ensured easier end user adoption.
2. Patients and healthcare providers can easily register themselves and maintain a record for future references or scheduling an appointment.
3. Patients and healthcare providers can reschedule their appointments on the go, incase of any problems.
4. The patients as well as the healthcare providers can access reports regarding the patients’ medical history, medication and synopsis everything on the go.
5. With a mobile basaed solution the clinic staff can now manage patient scheduling and handling while they are on the move servicing other patients.
6. We also developed a multiple reminder system through SMS and emails so that the re-scheduling ratio can be reduced.
7. A more intelligent scheduling algorithm was used to calculate and efficiently manage patient scheduling and provide better pod utilization.
8. The software adheres to the US healthcare IT standards with respect to data storage, security and communication.
9. A User Experience Audit was conducted to understand the key functionalities used by the clinic staff, and use it to refine the solution.
10. User analytics was incorporated in the software to understand the user usage behavior and to evolve the software based on this analytics data.
The reports can be easily printed usin the mobile solution.
The hospital management or healthcare provider can see for the daily patient’s appointment list for managing slots and other shared services within the hospital.
Technology Stack: Objective-C, Spring, Hibernate and MySQL