Fiat Italy, the largest automaker company headquartered in Italy, were looking for an engaging mobile application that would help launch their new car Fiat Freemont. The app had to complement the marketing and promotional effort during the launch of the car. Perennial created just the right app for the marketing team at Fiat.
The application was created purely for the launch and had to live up to the hype aroud the car. The application had to be engaging to the level that users could actually get a feel of being inside the car without actually sitting in it.
Below were the challenges that we set out to resolve for the client:
After carefully analyzing the requirement and understanding the user group we created an application that met the challenges of the project, with the following functions:
1. The app created an experience that was as close to reality as possible. Users totally immersed in the virtual experience of the car giving them a whole new experience.
2. Using the accelerometer features of devices like iPad the user can move the iPad in various directions to get a complete 360 degree view (horizontally and vertically) of the Fiat Freemont car.
3. Like the interior panoramic view, the users could also get a rational view of the exterior of the car. Here the users could change to various available colors of the car while rotate and see the car from all sides.
4. The users could view videos of the Fiat Freemont car.
5. To ensure that the car details and features are clearly visible in every possible angle and feature, the app had the function of both landscape and portrait mode.
6. The app also has a puzzle game. The puzzle image would change when the iPad’s shaken.
HTML5 & CSS3, JQuery, iOS, Phonegap