Building software that stacks multiple components to deliver a seamless experience.
Perennial team worked in co-ordination with the client to understand and come up with different integrations points with existing workflows and generalize this process through the system. Our team partnered with the client right from concept definition to delivering a robust,scalable and simple solution based on Perennial’s design led engineering approach.
Following are the elements of what we delivered on the project:
1. We built a scalable multi-tenant SaaS based web solution over the J2EE stack.
2. Throughout the engineering process ‘UX best practices’ were implemented to give the user a smooth experience.
3. Customizable sign up wizard was created to ensure quick and easy onboarding of clients for various accounting packages.
4. To make the solution robust we built it on top of 4 main components: synchronizer, rule engine, communication engine and reporting.
a. The synchronizer component was designed as a downloadable installer with the ability to integrate with different accounting packages and run as a background daemon service. The synchronizer has a very small footprint and allows the client to update the version very easily.
b. The rule engine we built was scalable, such that it allows the user to configure his/her organizations specific account receivable workflows and practices.
c. The automated and personalized communication engine we built integrates with various different mediums like email, fax, SMS etc. to provide a seamless experience to the user.
d. We also built a reporting engine that supports real time dashboards and exporting functionality to Excel, PDF and print.
5. The software eliminates manual data inputs and provides value added services like requesting credit check, send pre-approved legal notices to customers and debt collection escalations to agencies and lawyers.
Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat, Struts 2.0, J2EE, Hibernate, MySQL, Java based daemon, Accounting SDK for MyOB, XERO